If you are planning to set up proxy authentication program, using squid+webmin it’s quite simple-
- Click “Authentication Program” icon on webmin
- Enter the following infos in the right boxes-
Basic authentication program- /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth Number of authentication programs- 5 Authentication cache time- 5 Hrs
- Back to squid index
- Click “Access Control” icon
- Under “Access Control List” click on “Create new ACL” button while selecting “External Auth”
- In the next window- enter ACL name as “AUTHENTICATED” (remember this is case sentative!
- Click save
- Click return to index
- Click “Apply changes”
- If needed restart squid if changes doesnt work
Now your user should be getting an, authentication window!
Test it, by creating a linux user and password in the squid server and insert them in the browser panel!