Lately, I was trying to migrate vesta hosted sites from one server to another. This trick might help to those who-
- Either tried to update IP (after tried with so many vesta forum links!) and failed or
- Have installed on a physical computer and need to move out sites on newer setups!
Make user backup on the old server. In this example we will use admin as the reference.
Copy tarball to the new server and place it in the /home/backup directory Continue reading “Migrate hosting sites from one VestaCP to another VestaCP” »
Properly set up a Mail Client in Vesta Control Panel
- You can use Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Outlook or Outlook Express
- Use full e-mail address as username
- IMAP and SMTP STARTTLS with normal passwords
IMAP hostname: alpha-mimic.ltd
IMAP port: 143
IMAP security: STARTTLS
IMAP auth method: Normal password
SMTP hostname: alpha-mimic.ltd
SMTP port: 587
SMTP security: STARTTLS
SMTP auth method: Normal password
Congratulations, you now have all set up!